Tips for Colds, Coughs, Flu & Fever19.09.2008
by Life Enthusiast Staff
It's that time of year again when the cold and flu bug looms about waiting for its next unsuspecting host. We forget is that these nuances have several things in common.
1. None of these conditions are diseases therefore there are no official "cures".
2. Each of these conditions is a normal reaction of our body's innate wisdom.
3. Each is a process of dumping or destroying the excess body wastes.
4. Even though the viruses or bacteria are present, they are not the cause of our disease, but rather, the microbes are part of the pollution process.
5. Colds, coughs, flu and fever can be effectively handled without drugs or antibiotics.
Because we are living in the most polluted and toxic and chemically hazardous time the world has ever known, it is impossible to avoid such exposures. All is not lost though. It is what we do daily that determines our ability to ward off such conditions.
A Glaring Misconception
Our understanding of the origin of disease is sometimes confused. Infectious diseases or conditions do not "happen" to us. Their primary purpose is ultimately beneficial and assists in creating balance within. Colds, flu, fevers and coughs are normal body functions that act as defensive mechanisms. They are emergency elimination and detoxification actions, which the body automatically brings into play whenever there are abnormal excesses and stagnating accumulations of body wastes.
Top Ten Tips for Boosting the Immune System
1. Reduce your intake of caffeine, alcohol and carbonated beverages and replace with purified water. Add fresh lemon to your water to assist cleansing.
2. Reduce your intake of sugar, salt, wheat products, dairy, processed or refined foods, hydrogenated oils (including canola, flax seed oil) and soy products.
3. Eliminate stress on all levels. Include exercise, the outdoors and adequate sleep in your daily regime.
4. Use 3 drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in each ear three times per day for five days to help relieve symptoms.
5. Drink Barley Grass, Wheat Grass or Alfalfa Grass 3 times per day.
6. Eat fresh and raw vegetables. The most balanced diet consists of 80% raw and fresh (alkaline foods) and 20% cooked (acidic foods). In the case where raw foods are difficult to digest, it is appropriate to lightly steam them. Use vegetable and fruit powders for convenience.
7. Oil of Oregano is helpful for arresting viruses, bacteria and fungus. Taking one to five drops several times per day is helpful during the onset of the condition.
8. Echinacea is an immune system booster. Taking ¼ teaspoon 3 times per day is valuable when experiencing any related symptoms.
9. Avoid vaccines and over the counter drugs, as they congest the liver. Wash your hands frequently.
10. Body, mind and spirit - take time for you on all levels as often as possible. You are worth it!
The healing processes and improved health that result from a good health-restoring regime allow the body to flush out the toxins and return to its natural vitality. Be dedicated to the process of healing!