Weight Loss & Metabolic Syndrome06.10.2012
by Life Enthusiast Staff
In case you have not heard, America is now officially the most obese country in the world! We now have two out of three people overweight, and almost half of them officially obese. Obesity is not something to take lightly, pun intended. But you already know that. What I want to tell you is this: it is NOT your fault. Yes, you know the rules: if you take in more calories than what you use up, it will end up stored as fat. But why are you so compelled to eat more than you need to?
So whose fault is it? I blame the industrial production methods that have been gradually taking over our food processing industry. It starts with government subsidized large scale farming of cereal plants - wheat, corn and soy - on overly fertilized but under-mineralized soils. The top prize goes to the packaged foods that are so rich in addictive flavors and stimulants, that you stand no chance to resist. Once you become addicted, it is nearly impossible to break free.
The biggest trap of all is the "convenience food" and "fast food". It is now cheaper to eat at a fast food restaurant than to make a wholesome meal at home. Probably because of the scale of production, the industrial producers can make a "meal" for less than you could. Today food is less expensive than it ever was, but unfortunately you are getting exactly what you are paying for. Not much in the way of REAL nutrition.
Genetically we are designed to operate in a world that existed about 10,000 years ago. We are programmed to seek out sweet (ripe fruit or berries), salty (minerals), and fat (lots of energy). In the pre-industrial age these flavors were not easily found, and enjoying them was only natural. But now you are not foraging for food in a forest, you are in a strip mall. And you are not hiking 10 miles to get there, you are sitting in a vehicle, that is probably even air-conditioned. Food producers may be not aware of this consciously, but they are selling you food that is addictive, and that is bad for you in almost every sense of the word.
Consuming conventional commercially-grown food that is pesticide-sprayed, herbicide treated, artificially-fertilized, chemically preserved, colored and sweetened has its consequences. Estimated 47 million Americans are now suffering with Syndrome X.
What is Metabolic Syndrome X?
Your metabolism is on a runaway course that does not respond to anything that doctors have tried. Whenever the word syndrome is used (like immunodeficiency syndrome, or fibromyalgia syndrome), it is a clear indication that pharmaceutical medicine has no clue. They practice with it, but never fix it.
Syndrome X is associated with the following symptoms:
- Obesity (unable to loose weight, having tried many times).
- High blood pressure (this can be controlled, but leads to complications).
- Thyroid disorders (thinning hair, cold feet and hands, tiredness, weight gain).
- Diabetes (type II) or pre-diabetes and hypoglycemia (craving sweets, soda pops, coffee, donuts, etc.)
- Immune System disorders (seasonal and frequent colds, influenza and other immune system problems are getting worse).
- Low energy (it may be the extra weight, but toxic burden, deficient ATP production, lack of zinc, and heavy metal exposure is more likely the issue).
- Inflammation (arthritis, heart disease, fibromyalgia, back pain, gout, etc.)
- Reliance on (or addiction to) pharmaceuticals. (Pharmaceutical drugs mess with your metabolism and distort you normal reactions).
How You Can Beat Metabolic Syndrome X
You need to know that the Metabolic Syndrome X is reversible. Once the refined carbohydrates, fried foods, factory-farmed meat products, and trans-fatty acids are replaced by raw wholesome nutrient rich foods, you are on the way to full recovery. But it is not easy. You are addicted. In fact, sugar addiction is more difficult to beat than addiction to opiates. You will need all the help you can get, and you will find it here.
With proper hydration, nutrition, and exercise, fresh air, sunlight, and grounding, you will soon be free of flus and colds, the inflammatory illness, and the excess weight.
These are the strategies to reverse the Metabolic Syndrome X:
Supplement with Critical (missing) Macro and Micro Nutrients
- Magnesium - it is not in your foods, because it is not in our soils. Use transdermally supplied magnesium to avoid the unpleasant bowel flush.
- Trace Minerals - they are not in the food, else you would not be craving salty foods. Use liquid ionic minerals.
- Natural Pigments - red, yellow, green - all the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables. Load up on Superfood blends and primitive foods.
- Enzymes - digestive and systemic to process stored reserves, especially if you eat cooked foods.
- Essential Fatty Acids - omega 3 fats - coconut, kelp, flax, borage, plankton, etc.
- Zinc - suppressed immune system needs extra zinc to deal with stress.
Support Your Digestive Organs
- Rebuild your sterile gut with healthy flora. Probiotics, prebiotics, soil based organisms, diatoms and more.
- Cleanse your congested liver. Use herbs or mineral liver flushes.
- Remove heavy metals. Zeolite has proved to be the universal toxin magnet - easy and effective.
Support Your Immune System
- Supplement with special foods. Immuno-stimulating mushrooms and Superfoods.
- Alkalize your lymphatic system. Food combining and raw food lifestyle with cleansing baths.
- Increase circulation. Exercise - a rebounder is the best.
This Is Your New Life
Free of the metabolic Syndrome X you will be living in the body of an athletic, energetic, optimistic, joyful person - can you even conceive of that?
Eating an alkaline, balanced diet of organic, enzyme-rich, raw and living foods, tonic herbs, and Superfoods.
All the symptoms of Syndrome X are associated with tissue acidity. Consuming junk food, enzyme-poor cooked food, chemicals, refined sugar, flour, salt and oils and other white death foods, overusing high calorie foods - roots (potato, yam), seeds (bread, pasta, cereals), meat (chicken, beef, pork), mucus (pasteurized dairy) is upsetting the acid-alkaline balance. You need to eat raw (salad) or lightly cooked (stir-fry, steamed) meals rich in green leafy vegetables.
The alkaline-forming foods that help balance your body include:
- Grasses (wheatgrass, barley, alfalfa)
- Herbs (and Medicinal Mushrooms)
- Superfoods. (including Seaweed)
- Raw Cacao (stimulates your metabolism)
This You Will Need to Avoid
Detoxifying and cleansing the acidity present in the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of ourselves.
Acidity can be increased by other factors in your life:
Dehydration - In order to remain hydrated both pure water and some full-spectrum salts are required. Drink filtered, structured, mineralized water. Add some whole salt - Himalayan or Celtic sea salt work really well.
Toxins - Simplify and purify your life. Get rid of scented soaps, laundry detergent, odorizers, drier sheets. Get away from perfumes and scented body products. Avoid chemtrails, pesticides, auto exhaust, heavy metals, as well as household toxins found in some carpets and paint. Zeolite and other activated clays are great at helping detoxify from these dangerous substances. Colon cleansing (colonics, enemas) works great, but even hot mineral baths, ionic foot spas, saunas, and sweating in general are great in helping your body dump toxins.
Emotional toxins - Clean up your mind and heart. Getting rid of parental, spousal, workplace emotional or sexual abuse are key aspects of overall healing. Releasing and healing parental and spousal emotional abuse and sexual abuse will do more for improving your life than you can imagine. Working with others (healers, counselors, friends, spiritual leaders, etc.) to release stuck emotions is an important part of the healing process.
Destructive media - eliminate inputs and programming from the nightly news or shows that keep you hooked by a false sense of importance of the same old bad news. If it is important, you will hear about it. Watch the sunset instead. Or go to the gallery.
Pharmaceutical drugs - not one of them is life supporting - they work by blocking your function. Can your headache be caused by deficiency of Tylenol? Or your cramps by deficiency in Midol? If you are hooked on them, reduce their use, gradually, while working with your holistic health practitioner. Do not quit anything suddenly without supervision. Be aware that iatrogenic illnesses and deaths (caused by doctors) due to mistakes and unintended reactions to pharmaceutical medications are now the third leading cause of death in the United States.
Recreational drugs - coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, opiates, and all that other stuff - it is there just so you can numb yourself, to stop feeling what you really feel. Allow yourself to be you, let your light shine through without the dimmers. Once you are not acidic, you will feel fine, even joyful, don't worry. Alcohol is a leading cause of dehydration, water retention, candida, bloating, inflammation, liver toxicity, nervous system disorders (schizophrenia), and vitamin B deficiencies.
Cigarettes can supplement you with vitamin B3, so smoking can feel good. Mental stress and poor nutrition causes deficit of vitamin B3 (niacin), which is closely related to niacinamide, nicotinamide, and nicotine. Nicotine from tobacco has the ability to "substitute" for Vitamin B3 in our metabolism. Vitamin B3 supplementation can make it much easier to quit smoking.