At birth, you have enzyme reserves that decrease throughout your life, from an enzyme deficient diet. As we become enzyme deficient, we age more quickly. The more we feed our enzyme reserves, the healthier we become.
An enzyme acts in certain ways in the body to do specific jobs such as:
- Digest food
- Break down toxins
- Cleanse the blood
- Strengthen the immune system
- Build protein into muscle
- Contract muscles
- Eliminate carbon dioxide from the lungs, and
- Reduce stress on the pancreas and other vital organs.
A nursing mother provides her baby with all the enzymes it needs to digest her milk. Have you ever noticed that the stool of a breast-fed baby doesn’t stink? Its only when a baby starts eating cooked, processed food that the stool begins to stink. This happens because the cooked food won’t digest entirely and properly, then travels undigested into the small intestine. Once we cook food at high temperatures of 118 degrees F. or more, enzymes are destroyed and no longer work. It’s the beginning of the toxemia cycle (undigested food putrefying in the bowel tract that continues to poison the blood), which is the root of all disease. Digestive enzymes include Papain, Bromelain, Protease, Lipase, Cellulase, Amylase and others.
Digestive Enzymes AL for gluten sensitive people to improve digestion and help eliminate toxins from the blood by breaking down undigested foods.
Benefits of Digestive Enzyme Supplementation
- Improved digestion and assimilation of nutrients from all foods eaten overall benefits.
- Each digestive enzyme digests a different part of the food proteins, fats, starches, sugars, fibers, etc.
- Reduced inflammation and edema due to injury or surgery.
- Accelerates tissue repair, most notably for episiotomy.
- Enhanced removal and replacement of old or worn-out tissue throughout the body.
- Most notable on scars, stretch marks, complexion and flexibility.
Digestive Enzymes HP help lactose intolerant people to digest dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt). It’s been estimated that 80% of diseases are caused by improperly digested foods and their byproducts being absorbed into the body (Survival into the 21st Century by Viktoras Kulvinskas).
The saying ‘You are what you eat’ is only partly correct. The truth is, you are what you digest, and assimilate. We cannot expect to be healthy if our digestive system isn’t functioning properly. Enzymes are essential to a healthy digestive system and a healthy body because they help transform undigested food into nutrients. Enzymes are the workers in your body they carry out every chemical reaction.
To have a healthy body you need both workers (enzymes) and building materials. The building materials are proteins (amino acids), minerals, and vitamins. All of these are necessary to build a healthy body. Trying to function without all the necessary enzymes is the reason for most body malfunctions.