What Is The Most Important Kitchen Appliance To You?
What do you consider the most important appliance in your kitchen? I wonder what you answered? What does it tell you about your focus? Is it health, or expediency?
At the top of my list, right after the refrigerator (what a marvelous invention!) and a water filter, my favorite kitchen appliance is drum roll please my high-power blender.
Mine is a Vita-Mix 5000 Super with a Volixer upgrade. It has become indispensable. It is fast, and keeps me well nourished. I use it every day to make a smoothie the breakfast of champions. Let me tell you about that a bit later.
Just thinking about my smoothie makes my mouth water with the possibilities. How about a green drink a liquid salad with a shot of superfood? I love the never boiled vegetable soup, and in the summer I make delicious icy sherbet deserts and as a treat, one of my favorites, almond milk.
Why should you care about a high power blender?
Let me count the ways
- Time Super-healthy smoothie in under a minute.
- Blend Smooth with no lumps or gritty bits.
- Health High power blender blades break down ingredient cell walls for increased availability and faster assimilation.
- Long life They are practically indestructible. A friend of mine has one, and it is running as good as new, yet it is over 15 years old!
Vita-Mix blenders are sold consumer-direct by the manufacturer. You get free shipping, a $25.00 value, if you purchase from the page linked here.
Now I promised you my Breakfast of Champions recipe. I am the carbo-dominant type and I do like fruit for breakfast
- one whole (cut up) apple, half a cup of frozen blueberries, some raspberries or peaches, and sometimes a piece of banana for extra carbs. Ive had pears, plums, apricots, grapes, too.
- A tablespoon of coconut oil.
- A teaspoon of Himalayan Crystal salt brine.
- Exsula ZoeTein mix, a tablespoon or more, sometimes with extra hemp nuts.
- CellFood Minerals, about 10 drops.
- Chlorella, Spirulina and AFA, at least a teaspoon or more, sometimes with maca.
- I use Prills and Pearls in my water, so it is energized to start with. I usually top my jar to 32 oz, and drink the whole thing one glass at a time.
Hey! why don’t you share your ideas with us.
I am sure you have some good ones, and we can all learn from each other!