This Muscadine Grape and Meeker Raspberry extract blend has been shown to contain as much as 50 times the content of antioxidant compounds as other extracts.
Grape Seed Extract
Grape skin and seeds contain high level of antioxidants. Muscadine grapes have higher level of antioxidants than other varieties including gallic acid, ellagic acid, oligomeric proanthocyanidins and resveratrol. These are associated with reducing oxidative stress, and provide positive health effects. Studies of grape seed extract suggest positive effects on total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein or "bad" cholesterol, triglycerides, high-density lipoprotein or "good" cholesterol, blood sugar levels and markers for inflammation, such as C-reactive protein and interleukin-6.
Polyphenols, chemical substances found in plants and contained in grape seeds are shown to reduce the growth and proliferation of cancer cells. Grape Seed Extract also contains oligomeric proanthocyandin (OPC), an important antioxidant that supports your body in its anti-aging processes.
Meeker Raspberry Seed Extract
The Meeker variety of raspberry has been found to contain the highest levels of ellagitannins that convert in your digestive system into ellagic acid. Studies carried out about ellagic acid found that:
- Ellagic acid is an anticancer agent - it protects DNA from mutation.
- Ellagic acid shrinks tumors within 72 hours if the cancer is not caused by a mutation in the p53 or WAF 1/p21 genes.
- Ellagic acid is a natural phenolic antioxidant. EA exerts actions that are both anti-bacterial and an anti-viral.
- Ellagic acid appears to inhibit liver fibrosis.
- Ellagic acid is cardioprotective and may prove useful in the treatment of myocarditis.