The object of plant alchemy is to supplement forces lacking within the body, tempering energies and restoring balance, both physically and spiritually.
"Alchemy provides the perfect medium through which the state of perfection or harmonious balance can be gained." ~ Frater Albertus, The Alchemist's Handbook
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis):
Chakra - Solar Plexus
Day - Sunday
Planetary Ruler - Sun
Plant Parts Used - leaves
Energy - Charisma, positive outlook, confidence, personal power, self-awareness, individuality, vitality, warmth and cheerfulness, maintaining a positive outlook, physical circulation, heart and overall well-being.
Rosemary Spagyric Tincture balances Sun energy and:
- Uplifting and energizing - dispels dark moods and depression
- Tonic, astringent and restorative
- Antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antioxidant
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmotic
- Stimulates the liver and gallbladder
- Improves digestion, relieves cramps and gas
- Improves circulation by enhancing blood flow
- Helps lower high blood sugar and high blood pressure.
It has also been known to treat headaches, emphysema, fibromyalgia, colds, rosacea and Alzheimer's disease - the phytochemicals in rosemary may prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine, a chemical that allows neurons within the brain to communicate with each other.
Studies suggest that rosemary can prevent carcinogenic chemicals from binding to and inducing mutations in DNA.
A "spagyric" is an herbal medicine produced by alchemical procedures. These procedures involve fermentation, distillation, and extraction of mineral components from the ash of the plant.