Calcium is one of the most important and abundant minerals in your body (found mostly in your bones and teeth), and the fifth most abundant substance overall.
Approximately 20% of adult bone calcium is reabsorbed and replaced every year. The remaining calcium is also vitally important to our health and well-being as it assists in many critical bodily functions.
- Plays a role in normal nerve and muscle function
- Part of the structure of bones and teeth
- Necessary for normal blood clotting
- Helps maintain strong bones and healthy teeth
- Helps keep your heart beating regularly
- May help metabolize iron
Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and even fluoride in toothpaste can reduce and interfere with the absorption of calcium.
Like all other vitamins and minerals, calcium relies on the presence of other vitamins and minerals to assist with absorption.
- Calcium and phosphorous work together for healthy bones and teeth.
- Calcium and magnesium work together for cardiovascular health and bone formation. The balance of these two minerals is crucial and is reflected in their effect on muscles.
- To function properly, calcium must be accompanied by magnesium, phosphorous and vitamins A, C, D and E.
- Vitamin D (best source is sunlight) helps absorb calcium into the body. Vitamin D works with the parathyroid hormone to regulate the amount of calcium in the blood.
Matrix ~ Better For You Supplements
All Matrix supplements provide nutrients in a whole food matrix which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food.
Nutrients have been tested by independent labs, and found they are:
- Significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food because they inherently contain all food factors necessary for absorption.
- Nourish whichever part of the body they are needed
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegetarians
60 capssules/30 mg each Elemental Calcium (3% Recommended Daily Allowance)
Mineral enhanced yeast providing, Calcium, Cellulose, Vegetable stearic acid, Vegetable magnesium stearate, Silica, Vegetable protein, zein.
The food ingredient delivering the nutrient in this formula is Bakers yeast. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
Vegetable stearic acid, Vegetable magnesium stearate, Silica,Cellulose.
Energy, protein, carbohydrate and fat content negligible.
Wheat, starch, gluten, added sugars, colorings, flavorings and preservatives.
Directions for Use
Take one to two tablets daily, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Critical mineral supplement for many body functions.