Easy To Add Barley Gold to...
- Protein Drinks
- Chocolate Soy or Rice Milk
- Cooled Porridge
- Apple Cider Juice
Raw Cocoa Balls
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Raw Sesame Tahini Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 3 Tbsp Crushed Pecans
- 4 Tbsp Barley Gold 1 or 2
- Tsp Vanilla
- Tsp Sea Salt
Mix together in a bowl. Form into twelve balls, so you know 1/3 Tbsp Barley Gold per ball.
Optional: Roll into shredded coconut or puffed rice.
Add dry fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc.).
Place onto a coconut oiled tray and freeze or chill, as desired.
Guacamole Barley Dip
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Garlic clove pressed
- 3 Tbsp Guacamole Epicure Mix - or Onion spice, garlic spice, red bell pepper spice
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Barley Gold
Mix in a bowl and serve with Organic Tortilla Chips.
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1 Large Apple peeled and sliced
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Barley Gold
- 2 Tbsp Barley Flax Hull Lignans
- 2 Squirts Orange flavored Stevia drops
- Cup Water
Blend in a Magic Bullet or blender.
Optional: pre- freeze apple slices for a quick after school frosty snack.
Peanut Butter Barley Bars
To make mostly Raw, use Organic and Raw ingredients.
- 1 Cup of Oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of Sunflower Seeds
- Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Cup of chopped Almonds (Banana Chips substitute if nut allergy or for a yummy crunch!)
- Cup of coarsely ground Flax Seed
- 6 Tablespoons of Barley Gold 1 or 2
- Cup of Carob Chips
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of Agave Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter (or Pumpkin Butter substitute for nut allergies)
Mix ingredients together.
Grease 1 mini muffin pan (serves 20) with Sun Flower oil, spoon in the ingredients and then press down into bars. Cover with saran wrap, press bars down again, and then place in freezer.
Serve cold for cohesiveness.
Cinnamon & Raison Crock Pot Porridge
Night before prepare...
- 1 Cup of regular organic Oats
- 2 Cups of purified Water
- Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of Raisons
- Cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of Barley Gold per bowl
Stir into crock pot the night before and turn on Low before going to bed.
In the morning stir porridge and dish into bowls allowing porridge to cool with desired milk, and dressings.
After cooled, add Barley Gold.
If consistency of the porridge is too thick after checking the Crockpot 20 minutes after mixing, add another . cup of water.
Barley Gold Marathoner Regime and Recipe
After working his way up to the largest Suggested Serving, Jon Cool incorporated the Barley Gold into his training regime as recorded below.
- Non Race Days -3 tablespoons, 2 times per day
- Weeks Before a Marathon -3 tablespoons, 3 times per day
- Morning of the Race -4 tablespoons, and afterwards to regain strength and energy.
Barley Juice Recipe for Success - on the morning of the race, fresh juice from juicer...
4 Tablespoons of Barley Gold
1 Raw Egg
1 Tablespoon of Raw Honey
On other days, get creative and use a variety of fruits and vegetables including Pineapple, Mango Cucumber, Lemon, Pear, Kiwi, Papaya, Orange, Strawberries, and Ginger.
On occasion use Broccoli, Grapefruit, Grapes, String Beans, Tomatoes, Watermelon, other Melons, Lettuce, and anything else that looks interesting.
Suggested Servings for your Pet
Weight Amount - Start with Teaspoon and progress to:
5 lbs and up: 1 Teaspoon
10 lbs and up: 2 Teaspoons
25 lbs and up: 1 Tablespoon
50 lbs and up: 1 Tablespoons
75 lbs and up: 2 Tablespoons
100 lbs and up: 3 Tablespoons
Recipe for a 10 lb Maltese Dog:
cup of Dry Dog food
1 - 2 Tablespoons of Wet Dog Food
Tablespoon of Salmon Oil
Sprinkle of "Pretty Eyes" (Beef Liver)
2 Teaspoons of Barley Gold
Rodents should not consume the Barley Gold.
Please enjoy your Barley Gold recipes, and if you find more exciting and yummy ways to enjoy Barley Gold... we would love to hear from you!