Chlorella Algae For Healing
Chlorella is one of the most powerful Superfoods on the planet. Its one of the richest sources of protein, beta carotene, and nucleic acids. Ounce for ounce, chlorella offers more nutritional benefits than most plants or animals. Every cell contains vitamin C, pro-vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, niacin, folic acid, vitamin B12, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, protein, and more. In fact, chlorella alone has enough nutrients to support the entire metabolism of a healthy adult.
There have been thousands of studies that demonstrate the healthy benefits of chlorella. These studies show chlorella speeds wound healing, relieves digestive problems, boosts immune response, supports your heart and much, much more. The nutrients in chlorella (pyrenoidosa) are protected by a thick cell wall that’s very hard for humans to digest. And this cell wall has to be opened before your body can absorb any of the nutrients inside. There are various techniques including grinding, freezing, sound vibration, or enzyme treatment.
Why Chlorella is a Magnet for Toxins
Chlorella is loaded with chlorophyll, one of the most powerful detoxing substances in nature. Chlorophyll helps detox your liver and bloodstream and helps cleanse your digestive tract. It binds to toxins like a magnet. It can even bind to mercury which is extremely difficult to remove from your body. In a recent Japanese study, researchers fed eight-week-old mice 5 mg/kg of ethyl mercury. Then they divided the mice into two groups. One group received 100 mg of chlorella, the other did not. (A third group served as the control and did not receive either mercury or chlorella.)
After 24 hours, the mice that ate the chlorella eliminated significant amounts of mercury compared to the mice who did not receive chlorella.
- Detoxes Your Body: The chlorophyll in chlorella helps remove dangerous environmental toxins from your body including radioactive residues, pesticides, herbicides, and toxic metals like mercury and aluminum.
- Helps Slow Aging: Chlorella has the highest concentration of nucleic acids of any food. You may remember nucleic acids from junior high science. They are the stuff that makes up your DNA and RNA. Unfortunately, as you get older your body’s ability to synthesize nucleic acids declines, causing your cells to age. But the good news is, your body can absorb nucleic acids directly from chlorella, helping to slow the aging process.
- Repairs Damaged Tissues: The nucleic acids in chlorella also help heal damaged tissues and wounds. Researchers believe this is due to something called chlorella growth factor which is a combination of nucleic acids and other key vitamins and minerals that allows chlorella to grow so fast. In one Japanese experiment, 5 patients with wounds that refused to heal were given chlorella. In all five cases the wounds healed.
- Builds Energy: Chlorella also contains more than twice the total protein of beef. But unlike beef, all of its protein is available for immediate assimilation, giving you a significant energy boost!
- Boosts Immunity: Chlorella contains 19 of the 22 known amino acids essential to human nutrition. This rich store of amino acids boosts your immunity and protects you from infection. In fact, in one experiment involving nearly 1,000 Japanese sailors, sailors who were given chlorella supplements showed a significantly higher resistance to cold viruses than sailors who were not given the supplements.