Biotin plus Protein is a natural flavonoid with a wide range of effects including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It plays many key roles in the body, specifically
- Improves digestive health, fat and sugar metabolism and cellular growth.
- Protects blood vessel integrity
- Prevents bone loss
- Prevents post-surgical swelling
Those suffering from the following issues may see improvement with increased intakes of biotin (Biotin plus Protein).
- Various Nerve Pain
- Skin Condittions
- Brittle Nails
- Hair Loss
- Intense Low Moods
- Muscle Weakness
- High Blood Pressure.
Due to these multiple functions in the body, Biotin deficiency may lead to adverse health effects of so many kinds. The Institute of Medicine has set adequate intake levels for this nutrient, recommending supplementation if an individual is at risk for not meeting these levels. Although many foods contain some amounts of biotin and true deficiency is rare.
There is a growing body of evidence supporting Biotin supplementation.
Biotin functions as a coenzyme – it enhances the function of many other vitamins.
Folic acid enhances the function of biotin.
Matrix ~ Better For You Supplements
All Matrix supplements provide nutrients in a Whole Food Matrix which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food.
Food Matrix nutrients have been tested by independent labs, and found they are:
- Significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food because they inherently contain all food factors necessary for absorption.
- Nourish whichever part of the body they are needed
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegetarians
Since biotin is involved in so many cellular pathways by coenzyme activity, the list of effects from deficiency is quite extensive. Researchers have not yet found an upper limit the amount of biotin that we can consume before it becomes toxic, since it is a water-soluble vitamin. Biotin is therefore highly regarded as a safe supplement.
- Low blood hemoglobin may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Heart abnormalities may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Biotin may lower blood pressure.
- Biotin, as a coenzyme for many of the pancreatic enzymes which break down food, may improve function of the digestive system.
- Biotin upregulates glucokinase and may improve the metabolism of glucose and carbohydrates.
- Biotinase deficiency is one cause of sensorineural hearing loss; biotin supplementation may alleviate this condition.
- Biotin may enhance the function of the kidneys.
- Biotin allows for and may enhance production of antibodies.
- Biotin may help prevent and suppress infection by candida albicans.
- Biotin deficiency may result in a reduced circulation lymphocytes.
- Biotin deficiency may cause atrophy (shrinkage) of the thymus gland.
- Biotin may help to regulate blood sugar (glucose) levels and associatied neuropathy.
- Biotin is closely involved in gluconeogenesis (energy production).
- Fatigue may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Biotin may reduce insulin resistance.
- Biotin may enhance the function of the liver.
- Biotin may alleviate some cases of muscle pain and muscle pain may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Muscle weakness may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Loss of appetite/eating disorders may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Confusion may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Chronic biotin deficiency may cause dementia.
- Intense low moods may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Headaches may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Nervousness may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Poor Reflexes may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Biotin in high doses may reverse both peripheral and autonomic neuropathy.
- Biotin deficiency may lead to atrophy of the seminiferous tubules of the male testes.
- Biotin may be useful for the treatment of endometrial tissue overgroth.
- Women have an increased requirement for biotin during pregnancy.
A significant number of pregnant women exhibit lower levels of biotin since the need increases to provide for a growing fetus and could benefit from supplementation
- Biotin is involved in the deposition of keratin into the hair, skin and nails.
- Dandruff/general dry skin may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Inflamed skin (various forms) may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Biotin may delay the onset of grey hair and may retard the further progression of grey hair.
- Hair loss may occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Biotin supplements taken orally or applied topically to the scalp may slow the rate of hair loss in persons affected by male pattern baldness.
- Biotin may alleviate brittle nails.
- Biotin may improve the visual appearance of the skin.
- Grey complexion of the skin occur as a result of biotin deficiency.
- Biotin may normalize secretions of the sebaceous glands.
- Biotin may improve Insulin sensitivity (i.e. it may reduce insulin resistance).
Biotin 1mg (3300%)
Protein 50mg (from baker’s yeast)
Protein added to enhance absorption of biotin. No active yeast at time of manufacture.
Capsule: vegetable cellulose.
Wheat, starch, gluten, soy, added sugars, colorings, flavorings and preservatives.
Directions for Use
Take one capsule daily, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Suitable for Vegetarians.
Support many key body functions with a wide range of benefits including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.