GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor) Chromium is an essential trace element that is required normalizing blood sugar and:
- It’s necessary for regulating insulin
- Contains antioxidants that contribute to cell protection
- Increases your good cholesterol (HDL)
- Reduces your bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Helps inhibit the ability of refined sugar to cause high blood pressure
- It helps to maintain energy levels
- Normal function of protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
With age, your Chromium declines. High stress levels have been found to reduce the body’s absorption of Chromium. It is estimated that only 3% of chromium from food is retained in the body.
Modern farming methods and processed foods are destroying this overlooked mineral, and we’re faced with chromium deficiency. Estimates show 25% to 50% of the world’s population is deficient in Chromium.
Those who may be more at risk of chromium deficiency and would benefit from GTF Chromium:
- Those with blood sugar issues
- Pregnant Women and Breast Feeding Mothers
- Those Suffering with an Infection
- Physical Trauma
- Mental Stress
Eating processed, refined foods (especially simple sugars) increases the potential of Chromium deficiency because these foods are low in chromium, and they increase Chromium loss through urine.
GTF Chromium is an essential mineral found in very low concentration in your body as it is very difficult to absorb. The GTF Chromium form of this important mineral is more biologically active, helping to regulate blood sugar levels.
This mineral is primarily stored in the spleen, kidneys and testes, small amounts are in the heart, pancreas, lungs and the brain.
Better For You Supplements
All Matrix Nutrients supplements provide nutrients in a Whole Food Matrix which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food.
Food Matrix nutrients have been tested by independent labs, and found they are:
- Significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food because they inherently contain all food factors necessary for absorption.
- Nourish whichever part of the body they are needed
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegetarians