Healthy Fats Reduce Pain from Inflammation
Do you love the taste of rich, fatty foods? Most of us do. And you’ve probably heard that fat is bad for you. Too much of the wrong fat is definitely bad for you. But too much of anything is just that… too much!
Did you know that some fats are so good for you, that you need to eat them every day? Healthy Fats are essential to your well being. Your body can’t make them, so you need to eat them.
Healthy Fats are technically called Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) and they need to be part of your food and supplements for their natural and powerful anti-inflammatory effects. No inflammation translates into no pain! Since we focus on feeling young – not just looking young – you must be free of pain for your reflection in the mirror to look good!
Not all Fats Make You Fat!
You’ve heard that eating fat makes you fat, and that’s just not true. Healthy Fats (EFAs) are NOT STORED AS FAT… they’re burned for energy! EFAs activate your metabolism, helping you burn fat. They also…
- Get right into your cells and are NOT deposited into your arteries as cholesterol
- Are easily digested and don’t strain your pancreas or liver (or digestive system)
- Stabilize your blood sugar levels, slowing the release of carbohydrates.
What does this mean to you?
A stronger immune system. You’ll feel full and satisfied sooner after a meal, and this feeling lasts! When you don’t get enough good, healthy EFAs, many serious inflammatory, degenerative diseases can get you.
What Healthy Fats Do For Your Health
- Inhibit harmful and painful inflammation
- Aid in the prevention of arthritis
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce the growth rate of some cancers
- Regulate your heart, gastrointestinal and kidney functions
- Lower cholesterol, arteriosclerosis and blood clot formation (thereby reducing heart disease & stroke)
- Help eczema and psoriasis.
Naturally Reduce Inflammation… and Pain!
Disguised inflammation causes all sorts of grief for an aging body and can be disguised as:
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Poor complexion and skin disorders (eczema, psoriasis, rosacea)
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome = “Pretty Mean Sister!”)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Cardiovascular & Heart Disease
- Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Poor Brain functioning: Depression, Mood Swings
- Diabetes, Obesity and Eating disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Compromised immunity
- Kidney failure
- Decreased libido or Impotence
- Various cancers.
In the last decade, numerous studies have proven that an insufficient supply of EFAs in children impairs their brain development, with results like:
- Learning difficulties
- Lack of concentration
- Attention deficit
- Aggressive behavior
- Visual impairment
Big Warning ~ About Pain Relief Medications
Pain is your body’s warning signal, telling you that something is wrong and you need to make some changes. And millions of people use Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs like Advil and Tylenol), despite their well-known side effects.
NSAIDs mess with Mother Nature and can cause more grief that they’re worth. Research indicates that these drugs actually accelerate the progression of joint destruction, causing more problems down the road. NSAIDs work by blocking enzymes that help produce inflammatory compounds. This is how they reduce inflammation and pain.
But also… NSAIDs block enzymes that manufacture your cartilage!
You may be temporarily pain-free, but arthritis is silently getting worse! Several clinical studies have shown that NSAIDs are associated with the acceleration of osteoarthritis and increased joint destruction. They help you feel better by reducing inflammation and pain, but they don’t stop diseases from progressing. They cannot prevent damage from arthritic conditions, like bone and joint destruction. So we absolutely recommend natural-sourced pain relief supplements – like EFAs that can help rebuild.
Tips for Eating Healthy Fats to Reduce Pain
- Eliminate processed foods.
- Increase your intake of EFA rich foods such as wild-caught, cold-water fish (salmon, herring, mackerel, anchovies or sardines), avocados, nuts, seeds and healthy oils.
- Read food labels and do not eat hydrogenated oils.
- Reduce your consumption of meat and dairy products.
Remember… EFAs are essential to your well being.
Your body can’t make them, so you need to eat some of them, every day.
Low-fat diets help you gain weight! Ironically, cutting fat out of your diet seems to make you gain weight, because instead of eating high fat foods, many people turn to carbohydrates that are easily turned into fat, or fat-free products that are high in calories and sugar (also easily turned into fat).
To lose weight, you need to cut calories… but not from Healthy Fats.
You need to eat Healthy Fats to be healthy!
The low-fat diet trend of the past few decades did not create a thinner, healthier society. In fact, the opposite… North Americans are still getting bigger! In the 1960s, Americans ate 45% of their calories from fat, and only 13% were obese. Now, most of us get about 33% of our calories from fat, and 34% of us qualify as obese!
One thing is certain… you cannot go wrong with whole foods. When you feed your body natural whole foods, it knows exactly what to do with all parts of the whole food. It just knows. It’s natural, and the result is a healthy body. When you eat processed foods, free radicals form… toxins build up… sickness results. Processed foods act as poison in your body. All types of discomforts and disease can result from eating lots of processed foods, (especially bad fats!) from arthritis to cancer.. Seriously! Which disease gets you first all depends on your own personal weak tendencies.
Important to Know About Yourself…
If you’ve tried a low fat diet and felt miserable doing it, you have a body type that NEEDS more healthy fats to create energy. Some people need MUCH MORE fats and proteins than others. To know if this is you, try eating a breakfast of meat and eggs. After an hour or two, if you feel great, then this is your type of diet. Or try this… eat a breakfast of fruit and after an hour or two, if you feel great, then you need less protein in your diet than others. Just remember that you still need healthy fats!
Healthy Fats: A Guide to The Best of The Best
Which fats are good and essential for your health? And which are bad? Some are mediocre and some are just plain terrible! Then there’s all the talk about the ratio of EFAs and the types of oils, saturated fats, non-saturated fats, mono-unsaturated and poly-blah, blah, blah.
This is a seemingly complicated issue that we will simplify.
This information may seem a bit repetitive, but that’s for emphasis because the concepts are so important for your long-term well being.
Healthy fats increase your overall health and metabolism, reduce inflammation and protect your heart. But there’s a limit – if you eat too much good fat, it’s not good anymore. Moderation is key.
Beware… all oils claim to be the best.
When buying oils, it’s important that you purchase only:
Means the oil has been taken without the application of heat, to retain nutrients.
Ensures that the processing did not use harsh chemicals (like hexane) nor high heat (which ruins the good fats).
- And Organic
If you can afford to – it’s better for your body, and for our planet.
Only buy oils in opaque (dark-colored) containers, or from a refrigerator.
This means the fragile healthy fats are in still in there, protected from light and/or heat so they remain healthy for you. Do not buy oils in clear containers. These oils will most likely have the word “refined” on the label. This means that the fragile healthy fats have been removed, because they went rancid in the processing, or will go bad on the shelf. When an oil goes rancid or oxidizes, it produces free radicals, and they actually cause premature aging and many, many diseases. Serious ones, like cancer.
Processed or Hydrogenated = Bad Fat.. Do Not Consume!
Not good for you in any way, shape or form! Read labels and do not use any processed oils. Absolutely eliminate all fats that are listed as ” hydrogenated oil”, “partially hydrogenated oil” or “vegetable shortening”.
Hydrogenated fats are man-made, processed with pressure and heat, making them stable (and solid) at room temperature. Good for long shelf life, but not for you! Examples are margarine and vegetable shortenings.
They’re found everywhere, in processed and frozen foods like pizza, soups, crackers, pies, cookies, pastries, chips, baking mixes and most cereals.
Warning Against Margarine and Vegetable Oil Spreads
Standing in direct opposition to all the healthy qualities of butter (you can read “The Truth About Butter” further down), stands margarine and assorted vegetable oil spreads. While they’re cheaper, you’d never eat them if you knew how they were made.
- Heated to extremely high temperatures ensures that the fat doesn’t become rancid. This creates harmful trans fats which are carcinogenic and mutagenic.
- After that, a nickel catalyst is added with hydrogen atoms, to solidify it.
- Nickel is a toxic heavy metal, remaining in the finished product.
- Deodorants are added to remove margarine’s horrible smell (from the rancid oils).
- Colorings are also added to cover up the unappetizing gray color.
What would you rather have…
A real whole food with many healthy qualities?
(read “The Truth About Butter ~ It’s Healthy!” below)…
Or a container of carcinogenic, colored and deodorized slop (margarine)?
Coconut Oil – Still Healthy when Heated
Coconut Oil is very heat stable, so it’s excellent for cooking and frying (not that frying anything can be healthy). Its smoke point is about 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Because of its stability, coconut oil is slow to oxidize, thus resistant to rancidity (2 year shelf life).
Although Coconut Oil has a bad reputation because of its high saturated fat content – the highest source of saturated fat in any vegan food (92% Saturated Fat),
it’s HEALTHY FAT…
Of this 92% saturated fat…
62% is a MCT (medium chain triglyceride) – just wait…
Half of these MCTs are lauric acid – the most important EFA for building and maintaining your immune system, and a potent antimicrobial and antifungal substance… WOW!
It’s not recommended to cook foods with oil at high temperatures. Even if you start with a healthy fat, it turns bad, and inflammation/disease can easily follow. Cooking any food at high temperatures (with or without oil) is not recommended either, as this seriously reduces nutrients. I know that fried foods are delicious. Eat them only rarely, if at all. As for cooked foods, most all of us will always eat our veggies cooked. Just make sure that they still have a little crunch left after cooking. Try steaming, or low temperature roasting.
Incredibly Healthy Oils from Seeds
Eat ONLY at Room Temperature
By simply integrating these groundbreaking formulated oils into your daily life, you’ll improve absolutely every aspect of your life, including your relationships and circumstances.
You may think I am exaggerating, but I am not!
Activation Products (with Andreas Wecker) have found a way to unlock the life-energy from seeds to give you the most incredible health-producing building blocks you’ve ever had the opportunity to benefit from.
When you extract the intact life-force of these seeds, you can elevate your health and expanding your well-being becomes child’s play.
Every seed contains all the nutrients and energy it will ever need to produce a mature plant. If you extract the WHOLE oil of that seed, your body gets all the powerful nutrition and energy of that seed.
Get Creative and enjoy the amazing flavors!
- Pour on your salad
- Stir or shake into juice or water (with Lecithin to emulsify)
- Use as a dip for bread or veggies
- Try them on a baked potato – you’ll love the flavor!
- Delicious on any food!
So many benefits…
- Reduce inflammation throughout your entire body
- EFAs to make prostaglandins (increases libido in men and women)
- Support red blood cell health, unblocks arteries (decreases incidence of blood clots)
- Strengthen muscles to support skeletal development
- Remineralize your cells
- Powerful source of natural antioxidants and essential amino acids
- Helps keep your skin clear, and retain moisture
(no more chapped lips, irritated skin or dry hair)
- Build and support a strong immune system, protecting your body from disease.
The Truth About Butter ~ It’s Healthy!
My personal favorite! But only healthy when cold, at room temperature, or melted on very low heat. Excellent flavor on veggies, or anything.
Butter (like Coconut Oil) has a bad reputation because of its high saturated fat content. You’ll be pleased to know that this delicious fat is a healthy, whole food that you CAN eat! If you’re watching your weight and hesitant to use butter, have no fear! About 15% of the EFAs in butter are short and medium chain, which are NOT stored as fat in your body. They’re used for energy.
Butter’s list of benefits is impressive…
- Essential Fatty Acids (anti-inflammatory, pain reducing)
- Butyric Acid. (used by the colon as an energy source and a known anti-carcinogen)
- Lauric Acid. (the most important EFA for building and maintaining your immune system, and a potent antimicrobial and antifungal substance)
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid. (CLA, another EFA is naturally found in beef, lamb and full fat dairy products, it’s been studied for its potential role in weight loss and osteoporosis prevention)
- Vitamins. (easily absorbed vitamin A for maintaining good vision and your endocrine system, and all the other fat-soluble vitamins E, K, and D)
- Minerals. (trace minerals, especially the powerful antioxidant selenium, iodine and vitamin A that are both needed by your thyroid gland)
- Glycosphingolipids. (protection from gastrointestinal infections, especially in the young and elderly)
- Cholesterol. (needed to maintain intestinal health, and development of brain and nervous system in the young. Human breast milk is extremely high in saturated fat and cholesterol).
About Nuts and Seeds
Another excellent source of EFAs.
Most important to know about eating them is…
don’t overeat them. They’re nutrient and calorie dense,
so they satisfy your hunger easily, and for much longer than a processed or sugary snack. I recommend raw (organic if possible), not roasted or irradiated. Try to eat a variety them,
to get all the different benefits from each type.
Nuts are great on your salads, veggies and in soup too.
A little goes a long way… only a handful per day!
Soaking nuts and seeds makes them easier to digest, and the nutrients more easily absorbed. They all have enzyme inhibitors that protect them from sprouting prematurely, before growing conditions are ideal. And these enzyme inhibitors can really strain your digestive system. Soaking solves this problem, neutralizing the enzyme inhibitors also encourages the production of beneficial enzymes that increase many vitamins, especially vitamin B.
Soaking times vary, but the more dense the nut, the longer it needs to soak. Most can be soaked overnight in your fridge (to inhibit mold growth), and rinsed before use the next day. They’re good in your fridge for a few days before going moldy.
Healthy Himalayan Crystal Salt Enhances Your EFA Flavors
All these healthy fats we’ve just talked about are made even more flavorful and healthy too, when you add some Himalayan Crystal Salt. It’s a natural whole food (not table salt or processed, foreign NaCl), so your body knows how to use it in a healthy manner.
Our average table salt has only 2 elements: sodium and chloride (NaCl). When you eat this unnatural stuff, many symptoms of disease result, from high blood pressure to heart disease and stroke.
Himalayan Crystal Salt contains 84 minerals and trace elements!
It’s interesting to read the bad press salt gets, causing all sorts of disease. Now you know that salt can actually be very healthy… when AND ONLY WHEN eaten in it’s Whole Food form. Then it actually gives your body natural minerals and trace elements that are essential for health!
Whole Food Himalayan Crystal Salt is even a step above Sea Salt, which many people know to be healthy. Sea salt is healthier than table salt (sodium chloride), but our seas have been exposed to pollutants. Himalayan Crystal Salt has taken millions of years, under great tectonic pressure to mature. It remains untouched by any pollutants.