Depression is yet another of those problems that do not have a single point solution. Yes, the establishment offers the all-so-wonderful serotonin re-uptake inhibitors that apparently mess with the brain enough to give you the illusion that you are no longer depressed. The real solution for depression is to raise your level of joy so that the down moments become insignificant. A well body does not become depressed. A body that is standing proud (as opposed to shoulders slouched, shallow breathing, eyes downcast, with the Eeyore voice tones) will not allow you to feel depressed. Depression is frequently related to imbalanced levels of calcium and magnesium, with low levels being associated with anxiety. After comparing backgrounds of patients who required very high doses of calcium (over 4,000mg daily, just to barely reach normal levels), it turned out that a very large percentage had a history of benzodiazepine (tranquilizers/sedatives) use. Duh!
These drugs either affected their body’s ability to utilize calcium and/or magnesium properly, or those minerals levels in these patients had already been extremely deficient before taking any medications, provoking insomnia, anxieties, or other symptoms, and resulting in drugs being prescribed instead of having the real cause (mineral deficiencies) corrected. Unfortunately, this type of symptomatic drug therapy continues to be a trademark of modern medicine. Anxiety, irritability, racing heart, nervousness, and other emotional problems can be caused by impaired adrenal function and by candida toxins circulating throughout the system, which are mainly alcohol, particularly affecting the brain and mind.
- Discontinue tranquilizers or sedatives as soon as possible.
- Supplement with green Superfoods and effective mineral supplements every day.
- Add Smart Minerals – The Gift – to your routine and you will never look back.
- Supplement with Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Take it as cod liver oil, which provides omega-3, and vitamins A and D; get at least 3,000 mg of omega-3 per day.
- Consider adding Lecithin and Essential Amino Acids. All of the good fats work together along with oil soluble vitamins A, D and E, and omega-3.
- In the summer get at least a half hour of sunlight every day on the largest area of exposed skin you can.
- During the winter months try to get at least 15 minutes of direct sun every day (not through windows) with as much exposed skin as possible, even if it only on your face. The sun is very therapeutic and can alleviate depression and anxiety.
- Vitamin E 800 IUs in two doses per day; get a good mix of natural source tocopheryls (the small letter d indicates it is natural source, i.e. d alpha tocopheryl)
- B Vitamins are very important for the body and the mind. There’s plenty in our green Superfoods, but you can add a good B-complex.
- Help increase liver and adrenal function by doing “dry skin brushing” at least once a day.
- Help your liver detox by drinking lemon juice and salt brine water a few times a day (juice of half lemon and quarter teaspoon sea salt in 6 oz water). Potassium to balance Sodium be needed.
- Fresh chlorophyll, 1 tablespoon in water three times a day to help your liver detox and to chelate out heavy metals. Fresh wheatgrass juice, fresh bluegreen algae, or at least our green Superfoods
- Take magnesium baths at least 3 times a week – add half-cup of Magnesium Bath Crystals or at least 1 cup each of Epsom salts and Baking soda to your bath. Soak for at least 30 minutes to help detox. Take Himalayan Crystal Salt Bath once a month to further detox and balance.
- Get plenty of trace minerals. Drink good water, energized water. Use good salt like our Himalayan Crystal Salt liberally on cooked meals or on raw veggies and salads.