How to Use a Suppository
Suppositories are strictly for rectal use only.
These suppositories are available without a prescription but it is strongly advisable for you to consult a physician before using, especially if you are taking other medications or supplements because this may result in some unwanted drug interactions.
Seven Simple Steps
- Empty bowels first if necessary then wash your hands.
- Read the label to verify the correct supplement to be inserted.
- Carefully remove the wrapper to avoid deforming or breaking the suppository.
- lf you are right handed, assume a left side-lying position and bring your right knee towards your chest. If left handed, lie on the right side and raise your left knee instead.
- Using your dominant hand, slowly and gently insert the suppository, pointed tip first, into the rectum. Use your finger to bring it 1.5″ to 2″ inside the rectum. Hold it in place for a few seconds then remove your finger. Pull up with the sphincter muscles.
- No need to eliminate the suppository, but it is very important to hold at least 30 minutes as it will dissolve and absorb in the body. You can move around and do what you want after you insert it. After 30 minutes if you need to go to the bathroom that is fine but no need to eliminate the suppository. To repeat, there is no need to release the suppository as it will absorb completely into the body as there are no artificial binders, fillers or preservatives in our product.
- Stand up and wash your hands again thoroughly. Try not to empty your bowels during the next hour.